One of my all-time favourites.
We are solving the problem that is e-mail; beginning with a new take on the age-old, and far too commonly cluttered, inbox.
The Japanese have successfully reconstructed basic images as seen within participants’ minds. First step to recording dreams and reading minds!
Starting to develop a small obsession with designing buttons lately… Here’s some buttons I designed for my latest side-project. They’re very pushy!
@location Australian War Memorial - Canberra
@camera Galaxy Nexus (Phone)
I thought I’d post the first steps I use whenever creating a new website.
- Create the following folder/file structure, including the libraries I will be using (the ‘public’ directory is usually named ‘htdocs’ or ‘public_html’ in most webhosts) so this structure may not always be possible if you don’t have full control, this is just what I do:
- Head over to the jQuery website and grab the latest production version of jQuery and put it in the ‘/public/assets/js/libs’ directory.
- Head to LESS and download the latest ‘less.js’ and put it in the ‘/public/assets/js/libs’ directory.
- Go to Initializr and grab their amazingly written .htaccess file and index.html file, put both of these in the ‘/public’ (root) directory.
- Insert the following into the <head> section of index.html:
- <link rel=”stylesheet/less” type=”text/css” href=”assets/css/less/main.less” />
- <script src=”assets/js/libs/less.js”></script>
- Download the latest version of CodeIgniter from their website and place the ‘application’ and ‘system’ directories inside ‘private/’.
- Place the index.php from CodeIgniter inside ‘public/’, open the file and change the $system_path and $application_folder to read $system_path = ‘../private/system’; and $application_folder = ‘../private/application’; respectively. This adds a little bit more security.
- Once all is set up, begin creating a design or working on the backend!